Friday, September 9, 2011

Macarons




After 4 attempts in making macarons, I finally got it right yesterday. But by 'got it right' means still-ugly-looking-with-variety-of-shapes-hollow-here-and-there-but-taste-so-yummy.

I didn't want to do the typical macaron with chocolate ganache. So I made chocolate ganache and also caramel. By the way, this is the first time I got the caramel right after 3 attempts (One was so harden that I can't even bite it, one was so weird that the butter totally seperated from the caramel and one was burnt. Typical)





Lets guess what type of macaron I made.
This was layered with caramel, chocolate ganache and peanuts.
Can you guess it ?















Just to let you know, the macarons are not for sale.........yet. I'll be selling it when I get the perfect shape and texture. Practice practice practice.

Or unless if you don't mind having variety of shapes, so yes you can order. Big, small, and some are even oval shape. Teehee. (I love to watch Nigahiga. If you don't know who's Nigahiga, go and watch him on youtube)

I think only this 4 sets of macarons (in the picture above) that the shapes are the same. Others were just, well, ugly. Enough said. (But still will be destroyed in the stomach, right ? Hehe.)



Ouh yes, I forgot to tell you what type of macaron it is.
It's Snickers macaron.
Taste exactly like Snickers. (My all time favourite chocolate)





....................................................................................................................................................


 
"Macaron. Spelled with one o and pronounced like macaroni… without the i sound. I’ve also seen people spell them macaroons. But they shouldn’t be confused with coconut macaroons. These have a smooth rounded outer shell and flat bottom with what’s called 'feet.' "
Taken from Bakerella.






No comments: