2012 had been wonderful for me. Too many happy things happened during the year.
And I just can't stop staying Alhamdulillah.
1. Diploma in Patisserie. I graduated from a Pastry Art academy. I learnt every type of pastries. From bread to sugar showpiece. And Alhamdulillah, even after I learnt all that, I discovered my true passion and got to explore more towards cake decorating.
2. First expo. I joined the wedding expo held at The Mall, KL. Got a bit of a downside when I opened a booth there. But I took it as a lesson. And hoping my second one will be better and soon :)
3. First bazaar. My first bazaar wasn't going as well as I thought it would be. But I tried other bazaars from different organizers, different places. Some were ok. Some were fun. And met many wonderful people. Thanking each and everyone of you who came at my booth at any bazaar. Thank you so much..!!
4. Wedding cake. My brother got married to my lovely sister in law. Made them a hantaran cake, cookies for doorgift, and wedding cake. Made the wedding cake using 9 cakes in just 3 days. So proud of myself and loving the hectic moment.
5. Facebook page. I started this business 3 years ago, but didn't really go all out on the marketing as I was still studying. After my brother's wedding, I immediately made a facebook page for Sugar & Vanilla and now, the page almost hit 500 likes. Alhamdulillah.
6. Famous blogger. Got a chance to sponsor doorgift cookies for a very famous blogger and successful businesswoman/fashion stylist, Jezmine Zaidan. I really adore her..! Sponsored the hijab decorated cookies at her new opening boutique, Girls in Hijab by The Old Blossom Box Store.
7. Safiyya. I got to be on television...!!! Still excited about it. Never had I imagined that I would get a chance to be featured in one of the best Muslimah tv show. And all this just happened with a blink of an eye.
All stated above are some of the things that I'm thankful for during 2012. If I would have list the little details, one entry won't be enough.
The best part is, I have these wonderful people around me who never stop supporting me. My Abah and Mama, my sister KakTen, my brother Ngah and his wife KakJiha. My other half / one and only Abdul Rahman. My cousin / almost sisters Izzah Fathi. My bestestfriend Eireen Camelia. My huge family, beloved uncles, aunties and cousins. They mean sooo much to me. I love them and can't thank them enough for the support and guidance they gave me.
I'm not where I am today if it's not for them. Alhamdulillah.
What I wish for 2013 is BETTER. Better than before in every way. To be a better Muslimah, daughter. To be a better cake decorator and businesswoman. To be better in everything. InsyaAllah.
Wishing everyone a happy new year.
Hope 2013 would be awesome for you.
Lets pray for the best.
Don't mind the pictures :P
Had a small photoshoot with my other half.
Trying out and practicing using the camera
and also I had some extra time to do a dummy cake.
Just focus on the cake, ok ;)